What type of school is Alfriston?
Alfriston School is a state-funded Academy school. Academy status was granted to Alfriston School in March 2012.
Our Mission Statement is “Learning for life – achieving together”.
“Learning for life – achieving together”.
To provide a safe and happy environment, where our pupils can grow in confidence, through opportunities to work with others, to acquire the education and skills to achieve their full potential
- Environment = physical, emotional, nurturing, equality, peer groups
- Confidence = enjoyment, self-esteem, self-belief, friendship, individuality, participation, fulfillment
- Opportunities = offer a range of experiences within, and beyond the curriculum
- Work with others = teamwork
- Education and skills = achievement, learning, academic attainment, life skills, vocational skills
- Potential = happiness, independence, vocation, being the best you can be
To be recognised nationally as a centre of excellence for the development of girls with Moderate Learning Difficulties and acknowledged as a leader and model for our specific approaches to:
- Skills Development through the provision of relevant education and attainment of appropriate qualifications
- The use of Sport to build self-esteem, confidence, promote a healthy lifestyle and encourage teamwork and social interaction
- The enabling of Independence through the development of relevant skills and experience (including independent living and work)
- The use of Information Technology as an enabler for lifelong learning, communication and employment