Alfriston teams up with CAMHS to support young people in need with handmade wellness kits
This year the year 11 students chose to design and make a sensory based Wellness Kit to support other young people who are suffering with their mental health. They are hoping to raise awareness of this successful project to be able to do it again next year and help support others. Alfriston are teaming up with CAMHS so the Wellness Kits reach the young people who will benefit most from the use of the support pack.
The students at Alfriston have carried out their own research as well as consulting with their wellbeing department to fully understand the 5 senses of Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, and Touch.
The pack consists of:
- A lovely handmade notebook: to help you get thoughts out of your head and store them somewhere else.
- A hand dyed bag with bells that softly chime to relax you.
- A range of aromatherapy scented products specifically chosen to lift senses and promote calmness.
- A hot chocolate treat because everyone needs chocolate!
- A handmade squishy pompom for those moments you’d like something to squish and beautiful worry beads to use at those times you need to fiddle in order to focus and think great thoughts with.
Along with a positive message to help lift your spirits when you are finding it hard to think positively and to know that we care about you. The kit is aimed to help young people be kind to themselves and take some time to look after themselves.