Once again the School Council has voted to support the Love in a Box campaign.
Your daughter will have been given a leaflet to explain what this is and how it works. If you haven’t seen it you can download the leaflet here. Schools, churches, other organisations and individuals collect and pack items into shoeboxes for the Mustard Seed Relief Mission to send to under privileged children throughout Eastern Europe. They have sent on average 40,000 boxes each year and each one is individually received by a child.
There are two ways for you to get involved:
- You can create your own gift box;
- you can donate something for a class shoebox (your daughter will tell you what age group her pastoral group has decided to support).
You can see some ideas for what to send in as your contribution in the list below:
Boys 3 ‐ 5 years old. Toy cars / Ball / Jigsaw / Picture Book / Soft Sweets / Crayons / Pencils / Soft Toy / Soap / Flannel / Toothbrush / Toothpaste / Hairbrush / Comb/ HAT / GLOVES.
Girls 3 ‐ 5 years old. Toy dolly / everything else as above.
Girls 6 ‐ 11 years old. Toy Dolly / Skipping Rope / Jewellery / Ball / Playing Cards / Sweets / Book / Felt Tip Pens / Pencils / Paper / Soft Toy / Flannel / Toothbrush / Toothpaste / Soap / HAT / SCARF / GLOVES.
Boys 6 ‐ 11 years old. Toy car / Yoyo / Everything else as above.
Boys 12 ‐ 15 years old. Marbles / Travel games / Juggling Balls / Baseball Cap / Playing Cards / Geometry Set / Note Book / Pens / Pencils / Soft Toy / Sweets / Soap / Flannel/ /Toothpaste / toothbrush / GLOVES / SCARVES.
Girls 12 ‐ 15 years old Hair accessories / Jewellery / Mew make up / Perfume Stick / Talc / Deodorant / Dolly / Skipping Rope / Everything else as above.
If you haven’t got time to go shopping then you could simply send a donation towards the postage as each gift box costs £3.00 to send on its journey.
If you make up your own shoebox there are a few points to note:
- Please wrap the box base and lid separately as they will need to be checked en route
- Hats, gloves and scarves are the only items of clothing allowed
- Please attach the sticker part of the leaflet to the box
- If you can, please enclose a minimum £4 donation
- Place an elastic band around the box to hold the lid on
- Christmas cards and messages are encouraged but do NOT include private addresses
- Completed boxes must be returned to school by 3rd November ready for collection by Mustard Seed Missions.